Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Serenity PRayer

I try to express myself with honesty and sincerity. Some ppl think that I take that step out into freedom of speech because I don't care what anyone thinks and I'm just an argumentative son of a gun, well, that really isn't true. WHile I am not uncomfortable at all with people disagreeing with me, I am quite uncomfortable and even a tad sensitive with personal attacks on me. Those of you who think I'm cold and callussed, believe me, u dont know me as well as you think. It cuts me deep when people trash talk me. Maybe I need to grow a little tougher than I am. I'm just honest and in your face because that's the way I was raised to understand the meaning of integrity. If I was less honest, I would feel like I was doing something wrong. I'm not as aggressive and nasty as some ppl think. ANywho.

I question things. I struggle. I'm very well-grounded in some of the things I believe, secure. But not in all things. I'm searching for some truths. But the difference that I sometimes have, is that even when I'm searching-I do so out loud so everyone can hear it lol I express myself and write about it and share the whole process. hhehe sometimes that gets me into trouble. aw well.

I still have my eyes wide opened to social troubles, to the oncoming third world war that the korea situation will soon contribute to....but, I'm also so unbelievable tired of analyzing it all and caring. I mean, eventually, it will MAKE us all care, when it effects us all, but there is ABSOLUTELY nothing that I can do about it.

There is something to be said about living the simple life. Eating, drinking, working and giving thanks. Everything else is just out of my control I guess. I can only do what I can do. Some of you may think I've turned into a wuss and am now giving up and becoming a hippy ;) lol But right now at this point in my life, one of the most important things that I've been trying to applyu to myself is a little prayer that I always used to think was superficial and silly called the Serenity Prayer. lol Maybe life has kicked my rear, maybe I'm half the man I used to be but, but maybe, just maybe, when I learn this, I'll be a better, happier person. WHo knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment