Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thinking

We are living in complex times. Always changing. You never know what can happen from day to day. Things are volatile in the world. Everything can be fine tomorrow, or North Korea could attack South Korea, or the markets could crash, or it could go up a few points. Nobody really knows. Culturally, we are going through many changes. It would take too long to get into a lot of them, but there are defntly a lot of changes.

In these times, I feel that since we know we could gain or lose everything at any given time, we really shouldn't take the good things and good people in our lives for granted.

A lot of people are always up in some controversy. A lot of the controversies sound so serious and important, the way people carry on about them. But ya know what, sometimes I realize that while there are indeed some things worth fighting for-there are LOTS of things that aren't.

I cherish the truth. I love to know things and study and learn, and I like to learn more and more about God as I read my Bible and study etc. But, I think I finally understand a bit of what it means to understand the spirit of something, instead of just the letter. You can be "Right." and be so miserable that you're wrong.

Example, you could have a perfect, clean, neat, household, run with efficiency, beautiful enough for a magazine, etc. But in order to keep it that way, you'd have to be a perfectionist, you'd have to be miserable, mean, picky, inhospitable, etc. OR you could have a reasonably clean, comfortable, lived in home, where you and your family are happy, relaxed, loving and enjoying yourselves. Is it wrong to have a clean, neat perfect house? I suppose not. But is it worth it no matter what the means? Nope. What does this have to do with what i was talking about? Well, it has to do with realizing that in these volatile times, when none of us know how long we will be able to enjoy all the blessings we have. We shouldn't talk about each other, argue, second-guess, nit-pick, get in a controversy, drama, etc. Basically, Im saying, it's not worth it.

If something is truly truly important enough to fight over, you know I will! But if there's one thing I'm tired of, it's the fight. There are so many things I just don't care about anymore. I'd rather be happy than be right about some argument.

Meh, I don't know if I'm making any sense. I'm not saying I'm gonna be the biggest push-over in the world now! lol Everyone who knows me knows that's not me. But I am not interested in fighting with anyone over stupid things. I'm not interested in talking bad about anyone, I really don't like back-stabbing, and if I ever thought I was a part of that, I'd feel so ashamed. I mean, I am willing to bet I have said something at some point about someone that I shouldn't have. And I'm ashamed of that. I realy dont want to be the one judging and hurting other people. We're really supposed to love EVERYONE! So, as far as my fellow human beings, I want nothing but good for everyone! I want to have the attitude of being happy for others when I see them happy. and that attitude of course, fends off that horrible sin of Envy, or Resentment.

If I see someone doing something in their life that I am convinced has them headed for trouble, instead of being that person that say "Ahhhhhh, I see what they're doing! That's not a good idea!" and talking about it with other people for entertainment and to make myself feel superior. I would rather just hope and wish for the best and hope that I am wrong, and that things go well for them. I used to be one of those ppl that thought u should always be honest with a friend about how you feel and think about their personal decisions, reason being, I thought you had to be in order to be a true friend. But ya know what I've realized, whether you agree or not, you don't have to change your opinion or pretend to agree, but if they are truly a friend or loved one---you will support them! Even if they're wrong. Because trying to punish someone for not listening to you, is only going to hurt them. Whatever my friends or family do with their lives, however I feel about it, I am going to support them to the end. And I am going to cheer them along and hope and pray for the best for them! And if they fall down, I'm not gonna say "Told you so" I'm going to be sad with them. Weep with them that weep and laugh with those that laugh!

Goodwill toward all men, is something we hear around Christmas time, and ya know, we really should have good will for each other. We should hope for each other's success and happiness. We are all so competetive and individual driven, but maybe we've sort of lost sight of brotherly love, goodwill toward all men, etc. Perhaps this makes no sense to anyone but me right now, and that's fine. But kindness is much more profound than we realize. and the hippies n such have made us think community, and the brotherhood of man is just a platitude. But we really are al part of the human family, created in the image of God, we're all in the same boat. And we ought to care about each other. Maybe if ya chew on these thoughts a lil while, they'll help you to see a bit more why Jesus said what He said about praying for your enemies, etc. I know I have been thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment