Thursday, January 20, 2011

God is Good!

Sometimes I get a moment of clarity, where I realize some eternal, unchanging truths. Tonight, I had a moment :)

No matter what happens, God is good. Despite all the hopes and dreams that I have right now. I allready have led a life full of priveleges and things to be thankful for!

It does the heart good to look to God, to take a time out, to think about and talk about what HE is all about. Instead of praying about all my dreams and requests (which is fine to do), to just give a prayer of thanksgiving and acknowledgment of WHO God is! It's so hard to explain if you've never been there yet, but it's just like in the Psalms, when EVERYTHING that hath breath praises the Lord, when the trees and the waves and the rocks and the hills-praise the Lord, when the Heavenly Hosts praise the Lord, there is only one thought being considered-HIM. Not the situation, not how I feel, not where I'll end up, or how much money I make, or who likes me or dislikes me, not who is in office or power, not what year it is, what time it is, Just HIM, Eternal, Holy, Kind, Loving, Good, Just, Righteous, Merciful, Wise, Beautiful and Awesome! Never Changing! Faithful! And to think, that there is NOTHING that can change or threaten that truth, is a comfort beyond words. We may die or face sorrow, none of our dreams may come true, God forbid. But we WILL smile again, have eternal peace and contentment, satisfaction and joy, in Heaven! Sweet. And any of our dreams on this earth that do come true, and they often do, are a bonus! Which is pretty awesome!

Sometimes I have been afraid, or dissapointed, or depressed, even felt hopeless,..but ya know, every time, I've come out on the other side of it, as the Scripture says, Weeping may endure for a night but joy cometh in the morning

That is the kind of thing I was thinking just now in my lucid moment :) God is good, all the time

And I get excited the more I think about Him. Especially because of the fact that I do not need to worry about Him changing or being fickle. I can't even depend on myself-I'm up and down so much, I'm glad He is not like us, It's awesome! Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment