Monday, November 14, 2011

Boundaries & Decision Making In Psalm 1

Every responsible person knows how to set some boundaries in his/her life.

A fence or a wall in a totaliterean nation is there to oppress, but such a burrier in a free nation is there for different reasons, It is very easy for one who prizes freedom to see boundaries as an obstacle, but certain boundaries actually afford us our freedom-I have the boundary of my own skin so I know where I end and the rest of the world begins.

The same firearm that empowers an oppressor or robber, can be used by a responsible citizen or officer of the law to defend and protect. So it is with good boundaries.

As one builds up a life & a family, they need to have some direction and planning in who and what is going to impact and influence them.

Another good example of Scriptural boundary-keeping is this 'keep' or guard...'thy heart with all diligence for out of it are the issues of life' 

I have the freedom to decide who and what will influence and control me and my life. I must be responsible with this freedom and use it for good by seeking wholesome and helpful influence and avoiding the bad. This principle of blessing is spelled out for us in Psalm1. ALWAYS REMEMBERING PSALM 1 recently helped me in making some very important decisions.

When ur making decisions, ask yourself this; am I being scornful or listening to those who are scornful? Am I listening to the advice of the ungodly? Am I headed in the same direction as sinners? Find the source of your motivation, influence and advice and press it up against the truths of Psalm 1.

This may seem like the simplest message I've ever expressed on here, but some day, it will be of unspeakable value.

No comments:

Post a Comment