Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Broken and Whole

As judgmental as people can be of one another, a lot of the times the one who judges me is myself. No matter how hard I try, I can never live up to everything I believe and want to be.

It can break your heart, trying to deal with what some call "Self." Of course, one of the things that I have learned is that it isn't really me. The new me wants NOTHING but good and holy things. It's the flesh that still is present that sometimes can raise it's ugly head. But I don't have to spend my time entertaining that old nature-intead I like to spend time being the new man that I am and following the new desires of my new heart.

But when something comes up as it often does, it can make me sad. But it is or should be a learning moment. According to Romans 8 God uses all things together for good to them that love Him so even those times when you're feeling down because you feel so dissapointed with yourself-God can do something good. So here's one, how about learning to let God love you when you mess up? This can be a hard one to learn.

We feel tempted to try and punish ourselves, do some kind of penance, put ourselves down a bit, tell God just how disgusted we re with ourselves etc. Well, God already knew how nasty your sins were before you were saved and He still chose to love you and forgive you. So don' shy away from it, go ahead and confess it, own up to it, but accept nd receive the forgiveness and the love that your Father still has for you. The way I see it, He has already forgiven us, we confess it so we can accept the forgiveness ourselves and not deal with feelings of guilt. and screw up our walk and fellowship

So thank You Jesus, my Lord and Saviour, for understanding and forgiving me. Thank You for accepting me. Thank You for forgiving me. Thank You for healing me. I am broken but I am whole. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment