Monday, January 30, 2012

listening to the voice of truth

God's spoken to me about so many things the past few weeks that I have wanted to write about but since I've been on this new shift it has been very difficult to find time to write. Hopefully, as I get adjusted to married life, I will be finding some more time to write :)

It is absolutely amazing how much the blessings abound and how much spiritual attack one can come under at the same time. I come to new, and deeper realizations about how much God loves me and how deep and complete His grace & forgiveness are and at the same time-the voice of condemnation and doubt will try to drawn out the truth more than ever! But, all that means is that the enemy can't stand the awesome truth God is revealing to me. I WiLL continue to listen to the voice of truth, the voice of the Spirit of Christ. I WILL continue to depend 100% on the grace of the Lord. His grace is everything. His grace is life. I live on the favor of the Lord-the unmeritted favor of the Lord given through the merits of the Lord Jesus who poured out His perfect, precious blood on the cross to demonstrate His love and wash away all of my sins. There is NO condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus! Submit to God and RESIST the Devil! Hide in that secret pavillion of God which is the Lord Jesus Christ. Lord Jesus, I take shelter in You. YOU are my fortress! I will not be afraid. If I fear, I will fear the Lord. The fear of man bringeth a snare! God hath not given us the spirit of fear but of love and of power and of a sound mind.

The Lord has come to set us at liberty. We are in a time where the winds of change, want to bring us into new depths of bondage and oppression, where from religion to Obama-freedom is under attack-but Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. And JESUS-is the God who sets the captives free! Who brings liberty! Who breaks the bands of wickedness. Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty. This must be your DAILY battle cry if you will conquer the lying messengers of Satan who want to bring you back into bondage. You have to be the spiritual version of William Wallace who shouts FREEEEEEDOOOMMM and fights for freedom :)

Fear is the big opponent of freedom. Doubts and fears, will keep on coming whether they come from your flesh, the world or the Devil-whether they seem to be heard from within or without-regardless. You gotta fight and just call out the lies. The best way to be free from a lie is to say it out loud. You can call me a cook if you want to, but when some voice in my head thinks something like 'ah, Micah you're such an idiot.' I tell it to shut up and stop lying to me. I'm a child of God and I am done putting up with all of that. Even if the slavedriver is really just myself, I refuse to live that way-my thoughts themselves need to be renewed-I must renew my mind by the power of the truth of God's Word.

God is my Father. I am made in His image. I am made to bring Him glory and pleasure. I am made to serve Him. I am made to know Him. I am made to fellowship with Him. I am not a slave but a son. A servant? Yes, for sure-a serving son. A slave? No. I heard some guy on the radio preaching that we are God's slave. I find that to be such a repugnant, misrepresentation of our Holy, Merciful, loving Father. He is our Father, not a Tyrant. He looks on us with love and compassion. Even when we go through profound trials and testing-He IS NOT cruel or detached-He has our GOOD in mind. All things work together for good. Have the faith to believe that. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment